Monday, 2 March 2015

Nothing But The Tooth

For this item on the list, we need to go back to 1990, a basketball court in a small primary school, an accident, a mishap leading to life long consequences and a strangely blue tooth. End scene.
i think I was 9 or 10 when i copped a basketball in the face by a kid called Jerome. It effing hurt and the result was a root canal and a veneer and a humongous bill and my parents telling me off every time I opened a bottle with my teeth.
Fast forward 15-20 years and my little old tooth was looking darker and darker. Mum periodically  encouraged me to get it fixed, Welshy nicknamed me Bluetooth and made up a whole story about how I was a mum by day but a superhero by night who could send and receive digital information through my tooth.
Finally I made an appointment with a dentist citing vanity and the fact that with wrinkles, baby tummy left overs and failing eye sight, my teeth are all I have left.
God, this is a really long and boring story isn't it? Not like Captain Bluetooth. She does loads of cool shit.
Anyway, dentistry has advanced since 1990 and the dentist was able to inject bleach into the tooth and make it prettty. I had it done twice. Well three times actually as the second treatment came out when my temporary filling fell off while I was running. Oops.
So basically, I think it looks awesome.
And guess how many people have noticed? One. My mother. I guess because she spent the equivalent of a European cruise on my smile when i was a kid, it would be hard not to stare at it all the time.
The photos are from during the period of treatment. The left two are the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment