Morning!
So after a month of running, I have progressed from nothing, to 4km in 30 minutes. To be honest, some of the 30 minutes is not strictly 'running' (it's more like walking really) but I feel that I am working up to it and isn't interval training a thing? My next mini goal is to move 8km in close to an hour.
I think it is making me fitter. For example, on Saturday night I hung out with my niece and nephew and played 'catch me as I jump towards you in a pool and then spin me around and around and don't let me drown' for what felt like hours on end and I didn't feel puffed out or achy in the morning. That means something right?
The last time I started running seriously was during a break up and so this month, it has stirred up some questions about what I am trying to run away from this time. It actually does feel more like I am running towards change instead of escaping something though. I have changed so much since the last time. Especially in terms of being comfortable with pain and feeling motivated to push myself.
I still have this point to prove to myself though. I set a goal all those years ago. I set a goal and I wanted to work towards it as a distraction from all the bullshit that was going on with the divorce. But I never achieved it for one reason or another. So here it is. I'm going to do it, just to tie up another of those pesky loose ends.
I'm going to run a half marathon. This year. Even if it takes me 4 hours. There.
Yes! Do it! Kate Shum will do it with you! I wish I could but trying to get pregs and scared too much running will muck my periods around! But good luck!!! I will be there cheering you on!! Xoxo lymy
ReplyDeleteYou WILL get there and you may even love it. I am running the Sydney half marathon in May :)
ReplyDelete